Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In the Wee Hours...

Yes, I'm sure you have figured out by now that I tend to blog in the very wee hours of the morning.

It is after 3 a.m. here, the house is silent except for the cats running, playing in the paper of a box left for them. Everyone else is asleep. This is when I do my best thinking. During the day, the house is empty, but interruptions come in the form of phone calls. Yes, I will make a payment to that bill tomorrow. No, I cannot donate to the Police Department at the moment. Unless you'd like to pay my electric bill for me? Didn't think so.

I do a lot late at night. Speaking of, my website URL has changed to www(dot)mlchesley(dot)webs(dot)com. Everything else is pretty much the same on the site. I will peruse it tomorrow at my leisure and if anything is missing, I will replace it.

I realize I am lucky to have this quiet solitary time to myself. My kids are teenagers, the cats... well the cats will fend for themselves. I've always been a night owl. I enjoyed working graveyard, but it was difficult when the kids were younger.

I have found a critique group (thanks Michelle!) and am currently going through earlier chapters to keep up with the ones up for crits. If I have no idea about the story, I certainly cannot be expected to give sound advice for the next segments.

If I were to go back to school, I'd probably work my way into an editing career. The written word is just fascinating when it is spun in certain ways.

This blog was more of an update rather than having much useful information in it. I didn't want people to go to my website and find that the site no longer existed. It does, just under a different URL. Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and oh yes, I have another blog to post later, don't I? Hooray! Busy, busy, busy.

No comments: