Sunday, May 16, 2010

Verra Cool...


You guys and your comments. You just absolutely rock. :D

I'm sure I will start a critique group. I'm going to be pretty busy come the end of this month. Two reasons. I'm moving and my mother and son are coming to visit. They'll be here 6 weeks. Not to mention, when summertime REALLY comes (it is raining and cold at the moment and if I didn't know better I would say I see a few SNOW flakes. I am NOT kidding.) I'll be outside. A lot. Like, practically 24/7. I've got vegetables to tend to, fish to catch and stock up on for winter... Yep, we're busy up here in Alaska in the summer.

I do not want to spread myself too thin, however, I don't want anyone else to feel as if they are either. So I will tell ya what.

I'll start the critique group. We'll run through my website forum. I'll schedule some online chats twice a month. If you can make it... great. If you can't... no worries. For the most part, we'll let everyone know, first, what we're writing. Word count. Genre. The usual. Then people will post what they're looking for in their critique. Everyone can pick and choose and we'll do this a chapter at a time. No one has the time to read an entire ms at the moment, and changes made would be a little simpler.

We'll exchange chapters via email. Again, if you would like to participate but feel you don't have the time, things will be up there for you to pick and choose from if you do have some time. And it won't cost you any time to just offer up your chapters. At the very least, you'll get some feedback. I won't make it a requirement that you have to read X chapters a month. But the chat will help when you've got 5 or 6 people reading the same chapter.

Minor details, really. I don't want anyone to feel guilty if all they can do is submit work for critiquing. Spread the word. If you know people who have wanted a critique group, let them know what we're doing. And of course, go to the forums on my website and post an introduction of yourself and your manuscript.

www(dot)mlchesley(dot)webs(dot)com

See you there.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We were in the 90's yesterday - I'll trade you!

Mia Hayson said...

After my exams I am totally there, is that ok? ;~)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Summer sounds like a wonderful, if incredibly busy, time! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

OOh, I will totally swim over there as soon as I'm able. Whoooooo! Excitement!