Monday, August 9, 2010

Getting Caught Up...

I've been forcing myself to get back into the writing habit. I've been a lazy girl. Rain doesn't help especially when it seems this has been one of the rainiest summers I've experienced up here in my 4 years.

However, not only am I enjoying how this revision is working out on LoBR (current revision word count is at 5,400+) but I am stoked about finally having figured out the background and history of my deadly little assassin, Nightshadow. I worked it out and talked it out with my hubby about what makes her tick and why she fell onto the path of being a hired killer.

Woot!

'Nuff said about that. IF I get my tail in gear and am able to get LoBR revised completely before NaNo hits again this year, I have two ideas waiting in the wings. I really need to get my writing organized, write down some notes and keep this stuff on paper rather than trying to keep it all in my head. After writing last night and coming up with Night's background, I couldn't sleep. I was dog-tired, but my brain refused to shut down. I hate those nights sometimes. Other times, if I am not too tired I will get back up and write until my brain is satisfied and the voices in my head finally shut up and go to sleep! Grr.

Well that is all for the moment. I'll have to share some of what I came up with for Nightshadow once I get to that point. In the meantime, everyone have an awesome week!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good to hear from you, Mel! Take time to do some writing while enduring the limited internet access.

Talli Roland said...

That's great, Mel! Sounds like you've got your writing mojo back again. :)