Monday, April 30, 2012

What A Feeling...

So I shared a pic on Facebook and it got me to thinking...

I know, scary, right?

It said this:

"The moment when you finish a book, look around and realize that everyone is just carrying on with their lives as though you didn't just experience emotional trauma at the hands of a paperback."

I can't tell you how many times I have gotten so sucked into a story and when it is over and I close the book, I look around like, "Wow, why isn't everyone else FEELING this!?" So often have I been moved and inspired by what someone has written. I hope that someday, maybe, someone will feel that way about something I have written. I want to affect people like that. Even if it is just a tiny stirring, a bare flicker of movement, a minute tug of the heart strings.

I. Want. That.

Have you ever read something that has moved you like this?

3 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I don't think I've necessarily ever experienced that, but it sounds fun to try.

Mel Chesley said...

lol Michael, then you haven't really LIVED, sir. If you haven't felt something like that from a book... :D

Andrea Teagan said...

It is so wonderful when I find a book I can't put down, that sucks me in and changes me. I feel so inspired. I kove that feeling!

Andrea