Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Favorites, Fantasy Art & A Funny...

Hey all! It's Friday! This is one of those weeks that I wish I could go hang out at the bar for Happy Hour, but Homer, Alaska doesn't have just an hour of happiness...

Oh well. On to my favorites!

Favorite Books/Authors:

I absolutely love and adore the 'Cat Who...' books by Lillian Jackson Braun. 'The Cat Who Tailed a Thief', 'The Cat Who Smelled a Rat', "The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern'. Yeah, those books. Quilleran is one of my most favorite characters. He's calm, he's cool and he's a journalist living in a small town on his trust fund. He's friendly to everyone and he has two kitties who help him solve murders. Koko and Yumyum are the best feline dynamic duo. And it helps that Koko is a bibliocat. I have one of those. She knows what my Kindle is, she rubs on it when I pick it up to read but ignores it any other time. She loves to nose around my bookshelf as well. I think, if I were to ever have a murder mystery on my hands, Gir would be my furry little sidekick.



Favorite Movies:

I was sitting here thinking about movies the other day. I have a whole long list of movies I like. The one I have on the list for this week is one I recently watched again with my kids. 'Grown Ups'. Yep, another Adam Sandler movie. One that made us all laugh our butts off while watching it. Dunno what it is, it just tickles our funny bones.




Favorite Music:

The Bangles is what I am going to list this time around. Not that I am a huge fan of this all girl rock band from the 80's but they had some good tunes. Seemed like the three girl bands of the 80's that were dukin' it out were The Bangles, The Go Go's and Bananarama. I wasn't  much of a fan of the Go Go's and the Banana girls seemed to only have a couple of hits. Then again, I really didn't keep up with that kind of music. I was a heavy metal girl who had to hide my love of other music in order to keep from getting my ass kicked. Tell that crowd I listened to Classical music in high school? H E L L no.

Fantasy Art:

This is a very sweet picture. I love fairies!


And now for the Funny!


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah, there went an entire pack of toilet paper!

Mel Chesley said...

Hehe! Yep, but you have to be specific. lol!

Bethany Elizabeth said...

That is a lovely fantasy picture, and cat pictures almost always make me laugh. :) I was lucky enough in high school to hang out with a fairly musical crowd, so we all had wildly different genre preferences. :) Although I can see how it could be dangerous to confess love of Classical to a group of Heavy Metal lovers! :)