Monday, February 11, 2013

It's Monday...

Pardon me while I whine a bit. Wah! It's Monday!

Well, okay that wasn't too bad. I did have a four day weekend so I can't really complain.

I did do some revising, but by Sunday I just sort of flopped in front of the computer and said, "Meh."

I fizzled a bit. Okay, I fizzled a LOT.

See, I've been so focused on promoting "Adversarius" that I stopped focusing on "Veritas" and "Bellum". Books two and three in the "Shadow of the Rose" series. I literally had to read from the beginning of book two to get caught up and look over my outline notes again. I couldn't make heads or tails of what I had written in that outline.

Then it didn't help that hubby sort of got me sidetracked onto Nightshadow and Black Rose again. He keeps forgetting that they will have their own story in due time and book two needs to focus on other important characters. Love him to death, but he seriously hijacks my writing when I ask him for some input.

Don't get me wrong, it's all good. I love his ideas and lots of what he tells me works so well with the story, I can't ignore it. But this last time was way off the mark and when I looked at my outline again, I was like... what the hell?

I did revise about 5,000 words. I'm sure I will do more here in a little bit. But keep your eye on that progress bar. Once it hits 100%, I'll be sending this off to some Beta Readers.

So how was your weekend? Have you ever lost track in revisions?

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't worry - it's difficult to promote one book while writing another.

Mark Means said...

I'm still revising my NaNoWriMo story from 2011 so, yeah, I certainly know how you feel.

Best of luck with the revisions.

Unknown said...

Good luck, Mel! More power to you for burning the candle at both ends; good luck finishing book 2!

Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

J.S.Morin said...

Putting out Firehurler pretty much stopped work on the rest of the series for a few days.

Carol Kilgore said...

I lose track more in first draft than I do revisions. Great to meet you on Lynda Young's blog yesterday.

Mel Chesley said...

Good to meet you as well, Carol! Loved the post.

Thanks everyone, I need all the luck I can get. ;)