Monday, June 24, 2013

Just Another Monday...

I avoided the word 'Manic' because it isn't a hectic day for me today. Matter of fact, this forgetting to post thing is becoming a bad habit. Again.

I've been wrapped up in revisions. I'm also becoming a bit of a computer potato because of it. I'll sit here, write/revise on the upwards of 1,000-4,000 words. In between, I'm surfing the web, taking a moment to let everything sink in while contemplating the next scene. I've also been reading some stuff for people. Bits to critique and what not. So my day is pretty much spent right. Here.

I need to get out and go for a walk! Which, I am planning on doing today, until I forgot I hadn't posted anything for the blog.

Whoops!

I'm also trying not to be a pushy nuisance on Twitter. I've seen so many blog posts about what NOT to do on Twitter. One of the things is, don't constantly push your books. Okay, so I send out a link to my book every so often now. Mostly I try to be myself. (I know, uh oh!) I post links for others more than my own stuff. But I'm also trying to send out shout out's to new followers and make them more personal than generic.

Not that time consuming, really. I only gain maybe two new followers every other day. But, I do need to get off the computer a little bit more than just to do dishes, laundry or make dinner. My eyes will go square shaped if I'm not careful.

Oh! I have a new review up of 'Adversarius'! Almost spaced that! You can go read it here.

And I was interviewed on Friday over here. Sheesh, I gotta keep up with this stuff!

On that note, have a great week and I'll be posting up a couple reviews of my own.

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The computer is turning your brain to mush, isn't it? Go for a walk!

Mel Chesley said...

It really is! And I am going for a walk today for sure! I've got my iPod all ready and waiting. :D

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I like Alex's advice. I've been doing my running in the mornings and the yardwork in the afternoon so I'm stuck in the writing chair in the late afternoon and evening.

Allison said...

Ahh Twitter. I MIGHT be about to try it. Against my better judgment.

Allison (Geek Banter)

Unknown said...

Agreed; get outside and clear your head a little. It's the best way to get out of a computer funk.

@Allison; I was the same for a long time with Twitter; now it's the best way to keep up with things :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You sound like me. I can become glued to my computer and not leave my house for days if I'm not careful.

Mel Chesley said...

@ Susan ~ THAT sounds like a plan. I could deal with that much better than sticking my butt in this chair all day.

@ Allison ~ Jamie's right, Twitter is a really good way to keep on top of things. Try it out, you might like it!

@ Diane ~ That's how I feel, glued to my chair! lol!