Monday, August 24, 2015

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

I've got some things in the works. I've got other jobs I do now, aside from school and my part time retail job.

My sister-in-law and I are teaming up to do a newsletter. And then, once book two is out, I have one story I've already started work on as well as some other stories. I've got a couple short stories I might compile into a book along with the flash fiction I've done. I just wish I could get permission to use the pictures I found to inspire the flash fiction.

But I know that I just need to get my name out there, get more stuff for people to read. I've got so many ideas brewing in my brain faster than I can write them out.

But first things first.

I've kept Adversarius free on Smashwords for the longest time. I want my stuff to get out there, but I suppose getting more writing out is just as important. But I only have reviews for Book One on Amazon. I have one lonely review on Smashwords. I've kept Book One free to encourage people to put up reviews.

Now Adversarius is over on Barnes and Noble and not a single review, but lots of downloads. Meh.

Anyway, pricing for Adversarius is going back up. I'll be putting out my short story for free and then figure things out from there.

I just don't like the idea of an e-book being more than $2.99. After I'm done with my e-books, I remove them from my device. If they were paper books, I'd stick them on my bookshelf. But I don't typically read a book more than once. There are very few that I get all nostalgic over and want to have on my shelf, but still, there they sit.

How do you deal with pricing? Where are your books sold? Do you stick to just Amazon or is your book everywhere?

Have a good rest of your week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have anything out, but I don't think I'd ever price an ebook for over five dollars. Maybe, not even four dollars and it would really depend on length. I don't think I'd set it as free, either, unless I was trying to promote for my second book coming out or something like that. I don't know. Anyway, good luck with that!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think you should raise the price again. From what I've heard, free books work best when the author has many more to offer.
And the most I will pay for an eBook is ten bucks.

Hart Johnson said...

definitely feel your struggle. I need to get more out there too but somehow have lost some of my confidence to know when something is ready. Best of luck with it!

Mel Chesley said...

@ Madilyn ~ See, I agree with you on the fact an e-book shouldn't be priced so high. I may make book one free again when book two comes out. Thanks!

@ Alex ~ I may raise the price again after book two has been out for awhile. Book one can be free for a month when book two comes out, then I'll raise the price to match book two.

@ Hart ~ I can't imagine you'd lose confidence in anything. But it does happen. Do you ever really know when something is ready? Give it to some betas, have an editor look it over then put it out there, knowing you've done the best you can with it! Good luck to you as well!