Monday, December 28, 2015

GTKM: 2...

It's Monday! That means it's another Get To Know Me post. Are you ready?

What is the one thing I will never do again?

Wow. That is a tough one. There are a LOT of things I never want to do again. But as the saying goes, never say never, you know?

Okay, I think I got it. After much deliberation, it would have to be:

I'll never live in Alaska again. Sorry to all my Homer homies! I'll visit, but I won't ever live there again. That was an experience and a half.

I love Alaska, but I don't love the winters. It was much too much for me to handle with my depression. The darkness really does affect you whether or not you buy into that. I know a lot of people utilized the tanning beds to get their daily dose of good sunlight, but if you don't have the money or a gym membership, you're kind of S. O. L.

I'm sort of finding that a lot of the rainy days here in Washington affect me, but no where near what winter in Alaska did to me. And the cost of living... well... that is not a state where you can survive living paycheck to paycheck. A lot of people do it. But it is no fun to run out of wood or fuel oil in the middle of winter. I think we were out of something for just a couple days, but we had electric heaters as back up. Even then, you're gobbling up electricity with those things and if you've got small heaters in a large place, you're still cold!

Okay, enough griping about it. It's in the past and done. So there, that is the one thing I will never do again.

How about you? What is the one thing you will never do again?

No comments: