Friday, December 4, 2015

There Isn't Much To Say...

I find myself sitting in front of my computer, more often than not, goofing off.

I know, I know, I could be writing a blog post for all you lovely people who haven't given up hope on my getting back into the swing of things.

I just find I don't have much to say. I'm disconnected a bit.

There is so much going on in my life, that I have fallen back into a very old, very bad habit of playing mindless games. It's sort of what keeps me sane.

However, with that being said, it also affects my writing, my crafting and everything else in between.

Writing is the first thing to take a serious hit. So I try very hard to make sure I sit down and write out something on a daily basis. Even if it is complete nonsense. Or even just a sentence or two. At least that way I feel like I'm moving a little closer to a finish line.

School is now taking a serious hit as well, but it has for a while now. Trying to juggle too much, something is bound to suffer. But that is the one thing that I need to buckle down on and get moving. So I have found myself reading back chapters to catch myself up again.

Since the passing of my sweet kitty, I've been a little more down in the dumps than usual. Poor Gir is right there with me. She doesn't know what to do. She keeps calling for him. She sleeps on me most nights. And I mean ON me. She's grieving. She's not eating like she used to and is sleeping a lot more.

Hubs is finally working a full time job again, with another opportunity on the horizon. One we were hesitant to take, yet both of us know if he doesn't, we're sunk. We're stuck in a Catch-22.

I guess I don't blog as much, because I'm afraid of coming on here and whining about problems all the time. I know everyone else out there has their own issues. Everyone has something to worry about. How you handle it tells a lot about you. But if I am building up a reader base for my books, how many of you want to read about how horrible my life is right now?

Okay. Not horrible. Stressful. That is more like it.

So on the other side of that coin, writing is the only real outlet I have. Blogging about stuff going on is therapeutic for me. I may end up doing a private journal so I can be free to blog about book stuff.

I'm trying. I really am. But it's so easy to get caught up in old habits. All I can say, is thank you, to those of you who keep reading this blog and hoping for more.

How do you break out of the doldrums? What bad habits are you constantly trying to break?

No comments: